This website is operated by Amic Trading (Pty) Ltd T/A Toys R Us/Babies R Us (“Toys R Us”). By browsing our website, you as the customer acknowledges that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions (T’s &C’s) and agree to be bound by them.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to all information about you as an identifiable individual, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, and identity number.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- In order to register for certain services or to enter competitions or promotions offered through our website Toys R Us & Babies R Us will from time to time ask you for relevant personal information. Toys R Us & Babies R Us. will use such information to provide the services to you. Toys R Us & Babies R Us. may also use such information for its own internal purposes including –
- establishing and verifying your identity.
- maintaining and updating our customer databases; and
- marketing, product research and development purposes.
4. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Toys R Us & Babies R Us uses all reasonable endeavours to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information with reference to accepted technological standards.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number on our registration form, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Credit card details are stored encrypted using AES-256 encryption. As a level 1 PCI-DSS compliant service provider we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED
Toys R Us & Babies R Us. will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, provided that by using our website and/or subscribing for any of our services, you provide your express and informed consent for Toys R Us & Babies R Us. to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- to third party companies employed by Toys R Us & Babies R Us. to provide services for us, including for example, website hosting and development. These companies require access to your personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes;
- to transfer Toys R Us & Babies R Us’s customer database/s, including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or shares in our company or our website service whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
- to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Toys R Us & Babies R Us. is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers and companies in our group;
- prevent fraud or abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; and/or
- protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Toys R Us & Babies R Us. will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
6. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS
- Toys R Us and Babies R Us have partnered with third parties in order to improve your overall shopping experience.
- As read in line with clause 3(b) above, this information will solely be used for the purposes of product research and development, shopping trends and audience insight.
- All information provided will be handled in accordance with relevant applicable legislation.
7. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information to governmental bodies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Toys R Us & Babies R Us. is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary as set out in 5.1.3.
- In addition, we may disclose information if required to do so to any regulatory authorities in connection with any investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Toys R Us & Babies R Us. to legal liability.
8. COMMUNICATING WITH US
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change our privacy & security policy, we will post changes to this page. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page. The amended privacy & security policy will supersede and replace any previous policies with effect from the date on which it is posted on our website.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy & security policy, please email us at [email protected]