This website is operated by Amic Trading (Pty) Ltd T/A Toys R Us/Babies R Us (“Toys R Us”).
By browsing our website, you as the customer acknowledges that you have read and understood these Terms And Conditions (T’s &C’s) and agree to be bound by them.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE
Our customers are welcome to browse or use our website for your own personal shopping and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. The unauthorised use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of the content of this website, the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software or the creation of any links to our website from any other site whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
We reserve the right to suspend our website or any part thereof or terminate your account at any time if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you are not using the website in compliance with these T’s & C’s and/or if we believe the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE OUTSIDE OF SOUTH AFRICA
Customers who are not resident in the Republic of South Africa are welcome to use our website in accordance with these T’s & C’s and to make online purchases provided that the delivery address is within the borders of South Africa.
In order to keep customers informed of our offerings, Toys R Us will store customers’ personal information on a central computer database and will use this information at their own discretion in order to:
- share customers’ personal information with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us;
- send customers printed and electronic marketing material to inform them of special offers and products that may be of interest; and
- send customers marketing material from third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us.
By purchasing from our website our customers consent to:
- his/her personal information [as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013] being processed by Toys R Us within Toys R Us database;
- his/her personal information being shared with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us;
- receiving information which may include printed periodic statements;
- receiving printed and electronic marketing material to inform them of special offers and products that may be of interest; and
- receiving marketing material from third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us. The information provided to Toys R Us by our customers is processed and recorded in the Toys R Us’ customer database.
Each customer has the right, in accordance with the relevant legislation to:
- obtain access to his/her personal information held by Toys R Us;
- to request the correction, destruction or deletion of their personal information held by Toys R Us; and
- to object to the processing of his/her personal information. It furthermore remains the customers’ responsibility to inform Toys R Us of any changes to their personal information.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the information on our website is accurate and up-to-date. We do not however warrant that the content and/or information displayed is always accurate, complete and/or current. Any comments uploaded by users or any authorised experts are their opinions alone and do not necessarily represent our views, opinions, beliefs or values.
All rights, including but not limited to, copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights embodied in any logos, text, images, video, audio or other material on this website are owned by or licensed to us. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution of the content of this website is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
ADVERTISING AND HYPERLINKS
At times there may be external hyperlinks which may appear on our website. We do not necessarily have a relationship with any third party who is linked to our web site, nor does a link signify our endorsement of the third party, its products and/or services. Your reliance on any information contained in such third party material is entirely at your own risk.
Our customers are required to register with us before placing their first order online. Please click on Register to complete the registration form. Registration and/or use of our online shopping website constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by these T’s & C’s.
To register our customers will be required to provide certain information including personal details, including an email address and password. Please keep your password private. We accept no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the use or misuse of your password. Our customers will be required to enter their email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any of your details, please go to “My Account” and follow the available link provided.
PRODUCT SALES AND AVAILABILITY
All products displayed on our website are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa where we can accommodate deliveries. All prices shown on our website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We cannot always guarantee stock availability and will deliver a substitute product, if possible, where our customers have authorised us to do so. If we are unable to supply certain items or quantities ordered, our customers nevertheless agree to accept delivery and make payment for the items delivered. We reserve the right to discontinue and/or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice. We will inform our customers as soon as possible if any products or services ordered by you are not available. Our customers will be charged the prices that are reflected online, subject to availability and your chosen delivery address. The prices include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations. Special promotions apply only to items on your original online order (i.e. not on items which are added after the order was placed). Please note that promotional products are limited to two items per customer, while stocks last.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of the products that appear on our website. However, the actual colours our customers see will depend on the device that you use to access our website. We cannot warrant that your device’s display accuracy of the colours as these may generally differ.
Our customers offer is deemed to be accepted when you receive an order confirmation. By submitting your order and payment card details you warrant that you are authorised to make payment with the payment card and that there are sufficient funds available to pay for the order.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday, 10 am - 5 pm. Toys R Us does not deliver on public holidays and over weekends. On delivery, our customers will receive our delivery note showing the items delivered, any substitute items, any non-available items, the delivery fees, VAT and the amount debited from your payment card. Our customers or your authorised representative will be asked to sign a duplicate copy of the delivery note to confirm receipt. For verification purposes, the person accepting delivery at the delivery address may be required to produce a form of identification. Any person other than yourself who receives the products at the delivery address is presumed to be authorised to accept delivery on your behalf. Should no-one be in attendance at the time of delivery, the driver will keep the products and leave a notice. The driver will try to contact our customers to make new arrangements for delivery or collection. We reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee should it be required. Our liability for any delay in delivery is limited to re-delivery at a later agreed time at no additional charge. We have outsourced all delivery and collection arrangements to third party service providers. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by them or their agents. Risk in the products shall pass to our customers or your authorised representative on delivery. We will retain ownership of the products until payment is received in full. A delivery fee will be charged for each confirmed order that is placed. Please visit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to read more about delivery.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
If our customers are for any reason dissatisfied with any item purchased online, you may return it to any Toys R Us store within 14 days of purchase for a full refund, replacement or exchange provided you have the original tax invoice, and it is in its original packaging. Please note that E-vouchers may be purchased online and no refunds are permitted in this regard.
If for any reason our customers would like to cancel an order this may be done only by visiting “Track Your Order” on our website or by contacting our Customer Services Centre on 087 234 8697. Our customers will only be able to cancel orders until midnight on the day prior to the date of delivery. We may debit your payment card for the delivery fees in respect of any late cancellations. If our customers cancel their payment for any reason or if your payment card should cease to be valid for whatever reason, you will remain liable for the full purchase price, including all related costs. We reserve the right to cancel any order/sale and/or your registration in the event of a breach of any of these T’s & C’s.
PRE-ORDERS AND GAME TITLE PRE-ORDERS
A date will appear alongside the product status on the product page, indicating when this particular item will be available after pre-order. Our customers can place a Pre-Order for this item, and provided payment has been successfully processed through our payment gateways, we will then attempt to make sure that you can receive the item on, or as soon after this date as possible. Please do note that unfortunately, these dates are subject to change. We will notify anyone who has placed a Pre-Order for an item of any changes as soon as we are informed of them.
Winners under 18 years old require permission from a parent/guardian to take the prize and any winner may be required to submit proof of age or prove ownership on authorised use of mobile device. Prize/s is/are non-transferable in whole or in part, must be taken as stated and may not be sold to a third party. Our prize winners must confirm acceptance of the prize as stated, failing which you will no longer be eligible for a prize, and that prize will be re-drawn/next highest score. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete registration details that our customers may supply as part of your registration and responsibility will not be accepted for undelivered, lost or delayed text messages or postal entries nor for any network errors for which there may be delays during peak time. Please note that proof of sending is not deemed to be proof of receipt. Technical or ineligible errors will void entries. If any prize offered is unavailable, we reserve the right to select alternative prizes of equivalent value and we reserve the right to modify, supplement or withdraw all or part of this competition without notice and there are no refunds for abortive games. Your statutory rights are unaffected. Entrants acknowledge that in consideration of the prize offered to winners by us the winning entries may be released, displayed to the public by us or any company connected with the promotion. This will be in the form of the winner's name and city of origin.
- This competition is only open to citizens of the Republic of South Africa. By entering this competition, the entrant and / or the parent or legal guardian confirms that they are ordinarily a resident of the Republic of South Africa. Should the winner be unable to provide the authorised representative of Amic Trading (Pty) Ltd, Registration Number: 2012/166642/07 t/a Toys R Us & Babies R Us (Hereinafter Toys R Us & Babies R Us) when prompted, will be disqualified and forfeit any and all prizes accrued to him/her.
- The duration of the competition is to run from 1 May 2019 to the 31 May 2019.
- In order to enter this competition, you will have to create an account [BD1] in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of our website, follow the prompts to enter the Pokemon Detective Pikachu competition, fill out the entry form and correctly answer a Pokemon Detective Pikachu related question. Should you answer the question incorrectly you will not be eligible to enter the competition, and hence will not be entered into the draw to win the associated prize(s). Each user will only be entitled to a single entry into the draw for the competition.
- The winner(s) consent to have their pictures, likeness and personal information used on the Toys R Us & Babies R Us website and to be used in any present and future marketing campaigns.
- The winner will be selected by a random draw that is to be conducted by software and / or related mechanisms to select the winner of the competition from the collection of correct entry applications received for the period of 1 May 2019 to 31 May 2019.
- The winner(s) of the Pokemon Detective Pikachu competition will win the following prizes:
- A Let’s Go Pikachu edition Nintendo Switch and movie hamper to the value of R10 000-00.
- A set of family tickets (4 tickets) for any 3D screening of Pokemon Detective Pikachu at any Ster Kinekor cinema that is screening the movie inclusive of popcorn and a cooldrink.
- Social Media Prize:
- Stand a chance to win 1 of 20 family tickets (4 tickets) inclusive of popcorn and cooldrink to the screening of the Pokemon Detective Pikachu movie in Durban (Gateway), Johannesburg (Mall of Africa) and Cape Town (Cavendish Square) on 12 May 2019 at 09h30. The winners will have to enter via the Toys R Us & Babies R Us social media pages, and the winners will be chosen at random from the various entrants of our social media campaign until the close of the competition.
- The following applies to the abovementioned prizes:
- The abovementioned prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable, or capable of being exchanged for credit and not to be re-sold to any third-party.
- The Main Prize and In-Store movie tickets are to be used at any Ster Kinekor and are only of use for the duration of the movie being in circuit. Screening information can be found at www.sterkinekor.co.za. Please refer to the ticket voucher for full terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to redeem the movie tickets at your choice of cinema while the movie is in circuit. Should the movie no longer be in circuit, Toys R Us & Babies R Us will not be liable to refund the tickets and / or replace the tickets.
- The Social Media prize movie tickets are to be used only at any Ster Kinekor cinema’s at Gateway, Mall of Africa and Cavendish Square for the 12 May 2019 screening at 09h30 only. Please refer to the ticket voucher for full terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to redeem the movie tickets at the appropriate time and venue. Should the movie no longer be in circuit, Toys R Us & Babies R Us will not be liable to refund the tickets and / or replace the tickets.
- The winner of the prize warrants that they will take all reasonable steps upon receipt of the prizes, from Toys R Us & Babies R Us, to ensure its safety and whereabouts. Toys R Us and Babies R Us will not be liable for any harm or loss sustained by the winner for any unauthorised use of the movie tickets and / or vouchers by any other third-party and are not obligated to replace the vouchers or prizes to its value at the time of loss to the winner’s parent and / or legal guardian.
- Should the above prize(s) be unavailable for whatsoever reason, Toys R Us & Babies R Us reserves their right to provide the winner with alternates prize(s) of similar value to those originally listed and accruing to the winner.
- By submitting their entry, the participants hereby warrant that:
- They understand and accept that we may make use of third-party service providers who may gain access to the personal information submitted and expressly consent to such further processing;
- Toys R Us & Babies R Us have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs and likeness of the winner in any media, including but not limited to, online media at all times and throughout the world, for both the purposes of this competition and other marketing campaigns (present and future); and
- We have the right to use participant’s names, likenesses and other personal information in conjunction with the photographs.
Please take note:
- It is warranted that all entrants for the competition have received the express consent of their parents and / or guardian to enter the competition. Furthermore, no third-party may submit an entry on behalf of the legal guardian without their express written consent, proof of which is required; and
- All entrants may have their details removed from the database by submitting written consent to the promoter. Take note that if details are removed prior to the conclusion of the Competition, entrant will forfeit their right to claim any prizes.
- Should the winner be disqualified for non-compliance with the obligatory terms and conditions above, a new winner selected at random from the same pool of entrants and will be entitled to the associated prize(s), and which process will continue until a winner is found compliant of the above terms and conditions.
- Should there be any terms or condition that you do not understand, it is your duty to contact Toys R Us & Babies R Us (insert customer care email) for further clarity regarding the terms and conditions.
Toys R Us and Nickelodeon Toy Sprint 2019
1. “The Nickelodeon Toy Sprint brought to you by Toys R Us” competition (the “Competition) is open from 24 April 2019 00:00 (CAT) and closes Sunday 02 June 2019 23:59 (CAT)
2. The promoter of the Competition is Viacom International Media Networks Africa (Pty) Ltd of 1 Saxon Road, Hyde Park, Johannesburg, 2196, Tel: +27 11 4282903 (the "Promoter").
3. To enter, entrants must log onto www.nickelodeonafrica.com and click on the Nickelodeon Toy Sprint competition banner. Entrants should follow the instructions on the entry page and fill out the relevant entry form (without a barcode or with a barcode). Entries are limited to 3 (three) per entrant without a barcode. In order to qualify for additional entries visit your closest Toys R Us store, purchase any product and find the barcode on your receipt / till slip. You can then fill out the barcode entry form, where each barcoded entry counts for 2 additional entries into the draw. The barcode can only be entered *once.
*You need only enter the barcode and your details once to qualify for the 3 additional entries.
4. Entrants must be between the ages of 6 and 12 years of age (on 15 April 2019) in order to qualify for entry.
5. 12 contestants will be randomly selected from all entries received to participate in one of three regional Nickelodeon Toy Sprints taking place at Toys R Us stores in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Western Cape. Selected contestants will be contacted by 10 June 2019. Each contestant will be informed of the final date of their local Nickelodeon Toy Sprint once the Promoter has received confirmation from each contestant’s guardian and that permission has been granted for their participation. Each regional Sprint will have 4 contestants each, who will each have 60 seconds to run through the store and load a trolley with products up to a maximum stipulated value of R15,000.00.
6. After the final Nickelodeon Toy Sprint 2019 has concluded, the public will be encouraged to visit the Competition microsite on www.nickelodeonafrica.com website and vote for their favourite contestant (the vote phase). The contestant who secures the most votes will win an amazing trip for themselves and 3 guests to a location that will be revealed before the voting phase begins.
7. The award of the prize is subject to the consent of the winner's parent or legal guardian; if consent is not given then winner will be disqualified.
8. If a winner declines the prize, cannot be contacted timeously, is disqualified for any reason, or the winner’s parent/guardian does not provide the necessary consent, the contestant who secured the second most votes be awarded the prize.
9. Each entrant hereby grants Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph them at, and in connection with, the fulfilment of any Competition Prize, and Promoter shall own all right and title in and to all such films, tapes, recordings and photographs. Promoter shall have the right to use and authorise others to use the entrant’s name, likeness and any biographical facts which may have been provided by the entrant to Promoter in any and all media.
10. The Promoter’s' decision on any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including but not limited to the selection of contestants, is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of any prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time. All prizes awarded are not transferrable and cannot be sold, deferred or exchanged for cash.
12. The Competition is open to residents in South Africa only.
13. Employees of the Promoter, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated and group companies and any other company involved in the Competition, their families and agents, are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
15. If this Competition involves Twitter, Facebook or any other social media platform in the Competition entry process, entrants must note that any use of profanity, vulgar language, sexist, political or racially motivated content or any other form of discrimination, will be removed from the social media platform and the entrant will be automatically disqualified.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. All Competition entrants consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Courts of South Africa (Gauteng Provincial Division, Pretoria / Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg), in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competition or these terms and conditions.
17. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
18. It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
19. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Please check this page for any updates. These terms were last updated on 10 April 2019.
MONSTER JAM COMPETITION
First time in SA. Unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable, Monster Jam is revved up family entertainment for fans who crave bigger, faster and louder experiences. Jaw-dropping displays by the famous larger-than-life Monster Jam trucks, driven by world-class athletes leave families on the edge of their seats. Monster Jam is a family-friendly event that appeals to the young and young at heart, as well as lovers of motor and adventure sports and will be sure to have hearts racing. Monster Jam is a huge day out for all the family kicking off with the world-famous Pit Party. Before the show, fans have the opportunity to meet the Monster Jam superstars, get their autographs and take pictures with the trucks. This unequalled access allows fans to get amongst the Monster Jam action. The Pit Party is from 1pm to 3:30pm with final entry at 3:00pm. The Monster Jam drivers depart from the Pit Party at 3:30pm.
Standard TICKET terms and conditions:
- Tickets are only valid for the specified date and performance time and may not be upgraded, exchanged for cash or for an alternate performance.
- The prize comprises of four combined entry and Pit Party tickets and a Monster Jam Official toy hamper only.
- Prize winners are responsible for their own transport arrangements.
- We are unable to assist with bookings for additional tickets. Any additional tickets may be purchased direct from Computicket
- A Computicket booking notice will be sent by email for show and Pit Party tickets. Prize winners must please print and present at a Computicket outlet prior to the show date so that tickets may be processed.
- Lost tickets/vouchers will not be replaced.
- Prizes are NOT transferable
- By entering this competition the prize winner accepts the terms and conditions.
LEGOLAND Florida 2019 Competition
- Return flights from either Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport or O.R Tambo International Airport. The prize does not include transfers within South Africa and it is the winner’s responsibility to arrange to be at the departing airport in time for their flight.
- Three night LEGOLAND® hotel stay with breakfast and two day park entry.
- Return airport – hotel transfers in Orlando Florida.
- An exclusive The LEGO® Movie™, costume character dining experience including Emmet and Wyldstyle. Food and a photo package are included as part of this private meet and greet package.
- Priority access to all the rides and attractions in LEGOLAND® Florida, a personal host to escort you around the park, an exclusive tour of the model shop with a master model builder and a building session with a take home build, reserved seating at the shows, lunch and all day snacks and drinks, a LEGOLAND® Florida VIP gift bag and VIP souvenir lanyard, admission to the waterpark with exclusive cabana beach towels and a souvenir photo printed on a LEGO® brick.
- Travel insurance.
Terms and Conditions:
- Dates of travel are weekends from 7th June 2019 to 29th June 2020, excluding November & December 2019 and January & February 2020, and local & American national holidays. This travel period cannot be amended or extended.
- Winners will forfeit the prize if they fail to travel before 26th June 2020.
- Prize has no cash alternative, is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- At least one person travelling must be 21 years or over.
- If winner is under 18 then at least one of his/her guest(s) must be his/her parent or guardian.
- Hotel is based on two people sharing one room or two adults and two children, aged 12 or under, sharing one room. The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover incidentals.
- Winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
- Winner and his/her guest(s) are responsible for and must have valid e-passports and applicable visas/permissions.
- Winner and his/her guest(s) must possess a valid ESTA issued via the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. Only winners/guests with valid visas do not require this.
- Except for the one or three guest(s) permitted as part of your prize, you are not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the Prize trip. Your guest(s) may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event. You and your guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary from a Sponsor-selected airport near your home. Once selected, your guest(s) may not be changed without the express consent of Warner, which Warner may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
- Any potential winner and his/her proposed guest(s) will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be eligible to win and/or participate in the prize.
- Medical warnings and size, height, weight and age restrictions apply to certain rides and attractions. The attractions reserve the right to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including overcapacity.
- In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the promotion at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to allow the free use of their first name, photograph, where applicable and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with this competition and on the Promoter’s website.
LEGO VOUCHER PROMOTION
- When a customer spends more than R500 on any LEGO products, they will receive a voucher code via SMS for a R150 discount on their next purchase of LEGO. This will be done through wiGroup.
- The cashier will have to identify that the customers purchase adds up to more than R500 and then request the customer's cell number in order to proceed and issue the voucher.
- Validity of LEGO Campaign: 29 August – 15 September
- The voucher must be redeemed on or before 31 October 2018.
- The voucher will only be valid for LEGO purchases over R500 (five hundred rand).
- The maximum value of the voucher will only be R150 (one hundred and fifty rand) regardless of the amount of purchases over R500 (five hundred rand).
- If any of the LEGO purchases are returned, the respective voucher will be made invalid.
- If the purchase is returned after the voucher has been used, the R150.00 (one hundred and fifty rand) will be deducted off the refund.
- The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or a Toys R Us gift card and can only be used on LEGO products within the valid time period.
- The voucher cannot be used to discount the current purchase and will only be valid on a future purchase.
DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
Toys R Us make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Toys R Us or their agents/representatives or employees accept no liability, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the use of our website or the purchase of any of our products or services.
Our customers agree, to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of any act or omission on your part or that of any third party acting on your behalf in connection with your use of our website and/or your purchase of any products or services.
In the event that any clause contained in these Term/s is/are invalid or unenforceable, then such clause shall not affect the validity or enforceability insofar as the remaining clauses of these Terms are concerned.
Toys R Us shall not be regarded as having waived, or be precluded from exercising any right under these Terms by reason merely that we have provided any indulgence to our customers or we fail to exercise or delay exercising any right we may have, whether the same right or any other right.
Toys R Us reserves the right to alter or amend the terms and conditions without notice. Any abuse whatsoever of the website by any customer constitutes a criminal offence to which shall be dealt with the requisite authorities. Other limitations on the use of the website may be communicated from time to time. Browsing our website irrevocably signifies your agreement to the above Terms and Conditions.
If our customers have any questions regarding our website, the terms and conditions, products or services, please contact us on [email protected]