This website is operated by Amic Trading (Pty) Ltd T/A Toys R Us/Babies R Us (“Toys R Us”).
By browsing our website, you as the customer acknowledges that you have read and understood these Terms And Conditions (T’s &C’s) and agree to be bound by them.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE
Our customers are welcome to browse or use our website for your own personal shopping and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. The unauthorised use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of the content of this website, the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software or the creation of any links to our website from any other site whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
We reserve the right to suspend our website or any part thereof or terminate your account at any time if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you are not using the website in compliance with these T’s & C’s and/or if we believe the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE OUTSIDE OF SOUTH AFRICA
Customers who are not resident in the Republic of South Africa are welcome to use our website in accordance with these T’s & C’s and to make online purchases provided that the delivery address is within the borders of South Africa.
In order to keep customers informed of our offerings, Toys R Us will store customers’ personal information on a central computer database and will use this information at their own discretion in order to:
- share customers’ personal information with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us;
- send customers printed and electronic marketing material to inform them of special offers and products that may be of interest; and
- send customers marketing material from third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us.
By purchasing from our website our customers consent to:
- his/her personal information [as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013] being processed by Toys R Us within Toys R Us database;
- his/her personal information being shared with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us;
- receiving information which may include printed periodic statements;
- receiving printed and electronic marketing material to inform them of special offers and products that may be of interest; and
- receiving marketing material from third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Toys R Us. The information provided to Toys R Us by our customers is processed and recorded in the Toys R Us’ customer database.
Each customer has the right, in accordance with the relevant legislation to:
- obtain access to his/her personal information held by Toys R Us;
- to request the correction, destruction or deletion of their personal information held by Toys R Us; and
- to object to the processing of his/her personal information. It furthermore remains the customers’ responsibility to inform Toys R Us of any changes to their personal information.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the information on our website is accurate and up-to-date. We do not however warrant that the content and/or information displayed is always accurate, complete and/or current. Any comments uploaded by users or any authorised experts are their opinions alone and do not necessarily represent our views, opinions, beliefs or values.
All rights, including but not limited to, copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights embodied in any logos, text, images, video, audio or other material on this website are owned by or licensed to us. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution of the content of this website is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
ADVERTISING AND HYPERLINKS
At times there may be external hyperlinks which may appear on our website. We do not necessarily have a relationship with any third party who is linked to our web site, nor does a link signify our endorsement of the third party, its products and/or services. Your reliance on any information contained in such third party material is entirely at your own risk.
Our customers are required to register with us before placing their first order online. Please click on Register to complete the registration form. Registration and/or use of our online shopping website constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by these T’s & C’s.
To register our customers will be required to provide certain information including personal details, including an email address and password. Please keep your password private. We accept no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the use or misuse of your password. Our customers will be required to enter their email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any of your details, please go to “My Account” and follow the available link provided.
PRODUCT SALES AND AVAILABILITY
All products displayed on our website are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa where we can accommodate deliveries. All prices shown on our website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We cannot always guarantee stock availability and will deliver a substitute product, if possible, where our customers have authorised us to do so. If we are unable to supply certain items or quantities ordered, our customers nevertheless agree to accept delivery and make payment for the items delivered. We reserve the right to discontinue and/or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice. We will inform our customers as soon as possible if any products or services ordered by you are not available. Our customers will be charged the prices that are reflected online, subject to availability and your chosen delivery address. The prices include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations. Special promotions apply only to items on your original online order (i.e. not on items which are added after the order was placed). Please note that promotional products are limited to two items per customer, while stocks last.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of the products that appear on our website. However, the actual colours our customers see will depend on the device that you use to access our website. We cannot warrant that your device’s display accuracy of the colours as these may generally differ.
Our customers offer is deemed to be accepted when you receive an order confirmation. By submitting your order and payment card details you warrant that you are authorised to make payment with the payment card and that there are sufficient funds available to pay for the order.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday, 10 am - 5 pm. Toys R Us does not deliver on public holidays and over weekends. On delivery, our customers will receive our delivery note showing the items delivered, any substitute items, any non-available items, the delivery fees, VAT and the amount debited from your payment card. Our customers or your authorised representative will be asked to sign a duplicate copy of the delivery note to confirm receipt. For verification purposes, the person accepting delivery at the delivery address may be required to produce a form of identification. Any person other than yourself who receives the products at the delivery address is presumed to be authorised to accept delivery on your behalf. Should no-one be in attendance at the time of delivery, the driver will keep the products and leave a notice. The driver will try to contact our customers to make new arrangements for delivery or collection. We reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee should it be required. Our liability for any delay in delivery is limited to re-delivery at a later agreed time at no additional charge. We have outsourced all delivery and collection arrangements to third party service providers. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by them or their agents. Risk in the products shall pass to our customers or your authorised representative on delivery. We will retain ownership of the products until payment is received in full. A delivery fee will be charged for each confirmed order that is placed. Please visit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to read more about delivery.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
If our customers are for any reason dissatisfied with any item purchased online, you may return it to any Toys R Us store within 14 days of purchase for a full refund, replacement or exchange provided you have the original tax invoice, and it is in its original packaging. Please note that E-vouchers may be purchased online and no refunds are permitted in this regard.
If for any reason our customers would like to cancel an order this may be done only by visiting “Track Your Order” on our website or by contacting our Customer Services Centre on 087 234 8697. Our customers will only be able to cancel orders until midnight on the day prior to the date of delivery. We may debit your payment card for the delivery fees in respect of any late cancellations. If our customers cancel their payment for any reason or if your payment card should cease to be valid for whatever reason, you will remain liable for the full purchase price, including all related costs. We reserve the right to cancel any order/sale and/or your registration in the event of a breach of any of these T’s & C’s.
PRE-ORDERS AND GAME TITLE PRE-ORDERS
A date will appear alongside the product status on the product page, indicating when this particular item will be available after pre-order. Our customers can place a Pre-Order for this item, and provided payment has been successfully processed through our payment gateways, we will then attempt to make sure that you can receive the item on, or as soon after this date as possible. Please do note that unfortunately, these dates are subject to change. We will notify anyone who has placed a Pre-Order for an item of any changes as soon as we are informed of them.
Winners under 18 years old require permission from a parent/guardian to take the prize and any winner may be required to submit proof of age or prove ownership on authorised use of mobile device. Prize/s is/are non-transferable in whole or in part, must be taken as stated and may not be sold to a third party. Our prize winners must confirm acceptance of the prize as stated, failing which you will no longer be eligible for a prize, and that prize will be re-drawn/next highest score. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete registration details that our customers may supply as part of your registration and responsibility will not be accepted for undelivered, lost or delayed text messages or postal entries nor for any network errors for which there may be delays during peak time. Please note that proof of sending is not deemed to be proof of receipt. Technical or ineligible errors will void entries. If any prize offered is unavailable, we reserve the right to select alternative prizes of equivalent value and we reserve the right to modify, supplement or withdraw all or part of this competition without notice and there are no refunds for abortive games. Your statutory rights are unaffected. Entrants acknowledge that in consideration of the prize offered to winners by us the winning entries may be released, displayed to the public by us or any company connected with the promotion. This will be in the form of the winner's name and city of origin.
MONSTER JAM COMPETITION
First time in SA. Unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable, Monster Jam is revved up family entertainment for fans who crave bigger, faster and louder experiences. Jaw-dropping displays by the famous larger-than-life Monster Jam trucks, driven by world-class athletes leave families on the edge of their seats. Monster Jam is a family-friendly event that appeals to the young and young at heart, as well as lovers of motor and adventure sports and will be sure to have hearts racing. Monster Jam is a huge day out for all the family kicking off with the world-famous Pit Party. Before the show, fans have the opportunity to meet the Monster Jam superstars, get their autographs and take pictures with the trucks. This unequalled access allows fans to get amongst the Monster Jam action. The Pit Party is from 1pm to 3:30pm with final entry at 3:00pm. The Monster Jam drivers depart from the Pit Party at 3:30pm.
Standard TICKET terms and conditions:
- Tickets are only valid for the specified date and performance time and may not be upgraded, exchanged for cash or for an alternate performance.
- The prize comprises of four combined entry and Pit Party tickets and a Monster Jam Official toy hamper only.
- Prize winners are responsible for their own transport arrangements.
- We are unable to assist with bookings for additional tickets. Any additional tickets may be purchased direct from Computicket
- A Computicket booking notice will be sent by email for show and Pit Party tickets. Prize winners must please print and present at a Computicket outlet prior to the show date so that tickets may be processed.
- Lost tickets/vouchers will not be replaced.
- Prizes are NOT transferable
- By entering this competition the prize winner accepts the terms and conditions.
DISNEY CRUISE COMPETITION
- Disney to provide a family holiday for up to four (4) people on a 7 night Disney Cruise to include:
- 1 nights’ accommodation, pre cruise sailing date, (including taxes) in 1 family room at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel on a room only basis. Disney Hotel may be subject to change at Disney’s sole discretion.
This prize includes return US airport transfers for the following:
- Transfers from Orlando International to your Walt Disney World Hotel
- Transfers from your Walt Disney World Hotel to Port Canaveral and
- Transfers from Port Canaveral to Orlando International Airport Transfers to and from winner’s and/or guest’s home to UK airport are not included.
- 1 stateroom aboard the Disney Fantasy for up to 4 people for 7 nights, on a Caribbean itinerary
- Disney Cruise Line accommodation is including all meals onboard the Cruise Ship (except Palo and Remy Fine Dining)
- Disney Cruise Line: Pre-paid gratuities, government taxes, fees, and port expenses are included
- 1 x Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover for 2 children
- 1 x Royal Court high tea for whole family
- Disney Cruise Line: Items not included as part of the package which are the responsibility of the winner include: shore excursions; travel insurance; nursery charges; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; ship to shore communications including internet; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; income and other taxes; transportation between winner’s home and gateway airport; airline baggage fees; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein
The holiday must be taken on the following dates in 2019:
- Staying 1 night in a Walt Disney World resort Hotel on September 27th 2019, before sailing onboard the Disney Fantasy on September 28th 2019 on a 7 night Caribbean Disney Cruise
- The holiday booking is subject to availability and restrictions imposed by Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Cruise Line. The holiday must be taken on the above dates.
- Travel insurance is recommended and is not included.
- Any children in the group must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18.
- All travellers must travel together and each must have (at the time of travel) a valid passport for at least 6 months after arrival in the United States and all necessary visas ESTA forms or other required documentation to comply with applicable immigration or other travel regulations. Disney is not responsible for any cancelled flight or booking. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that he/she and his/her guests are at the arranged place and time for travel otherwise they may lose their rights to every part of the holiday.
- Your child needs to be at least 6 months of age on the day of sailing for most itineraries.
- Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date or who will enter their 24th week of pregnancy during the cruise will be refused passage due to safety concerns.
- Neither a doctor’s medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney Cruise Line cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique cannot be reserved for children under the age of 3.
- Date, location and prize elements, such as Disney Hotel and timings may be subject to change at Disney’s sole discretion.
- The Walt Disney Company Limited has no responsibility whatsoever with the running of this prize draw, and shall not be liable for any losses, damages or costs should an entrant make any claim against the Promoter as a result of the running of this Prize draw.
LEGOLAND Florida 2019 Competition
- Return flights from either Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport or O.R Tambo International Airport. The prize does not include transfers within South Africa and it is the winner’s responsibility to arrange to be at the departing airport in time for their flight.
- Three night LEGOLAND® hotel stay with breakfast and two day park entry.
- Return airport – hotel transfers in Orlando Florida.
- An exclusive The LEGO® Movie™, costume character dining experience including Emmet and Wyldstyle. Food and a photo package are included as part of this private meet and greet package.
- Priority access to all the rides and attractions in LEGOLAND® Florida, a personal host to escort you around the park, an exclusive tour of the model shop with a master model builder and a building session with a take home build, reserved seating at the shows, lunch and all day snacks and drinks, a LEGOLAND® Florida VIP gift bag and VIP souvenir lanyard, admission to the waterpark with exclusive cabana beach towels and a souvenir photo printed on a LEGO® brick.
- Travel insurance.
Terms and Conditions:
- Dates of travel are weekends from 7th June 2019 to 29th June 2020, excluding November & December 2019 and January & February 2020, and local & American national holidays. This travel period cannot be amended or extended.
- Winners will forfeit the prize if they fail to travel before 26th June 2020.
- Prize has no cash alternative, is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- At least one person travelling must be 21 years or over.
- If winner is under 18 then at least one of his/her guest(s) must be his/her parent or guardian.
- Hotel is based on two people sharing one room or two adults and two children, aged 12 or under, sharing one room. The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover incidentals.
- Winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
- Winner and his/her guest(s) are responsible for and must have valid e-passports and applicable visas/permissions.
- Winner and his/her guest(s) must possess a valid ESTA issued via the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. Only winners/guests with valid visas do not require this.
- Except for the one or three guest(s) permitted as part of your prize, you are not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the Prize trip. Your guest(s) may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event. You and your guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary from a Sponsor-selected airport near your home. Once selected, your guest(s) may not be changed without the express consent of Warner, which Warner may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
- Any potential winner and his/her proposed guest(s) will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be eligible to win and/or participate in the prize.
- Medical warnings and size, height, weight and age restrictions apply to certain rides and attractions. The attractions reserve the right to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including overcapacity.
- In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the promotion at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to allow the free use of their first name, photograph, where applicable and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with this competition and on the Promoter’s website.
WIN YOUR WISHLIST
- One entry per customer will be accepted via the in-store entry box or online submission
- Entrants must submit wishlist products, which have Toys R Us product codes available
- A maximum of 5 Toys R Us products can be added to an entry
- Entries open to any South African resident under the age of 16 (with the permission from their parent or guardian)
- Contact information provided should be that of the parent or guardian in terms of receiving marketing material/communication
- Competition commences on 29 October and will close on 12 December 2018. The winner will be announced on 17 December 2018
- Prizes will be redeemed at the winner’s closest Toys R U store and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash
- General terms and conditions apply as per Toys R Us competition rules
BARBIE PINK PASSPORT COMPETITION
- Customers must submit their entries via email only
- To enter, customers must purchase any Barbie Pink Passport item from Toys R Us (in-store or online) and submit their till slip or online order receipt to [email protected] between 29 October and 30 November.
- Contact information provided should be that of the parent or guardian
- Competition will close on 30 November 2018. The winner will be announced by 7 December 2018
- Prizes will be redeemed at the winner’s closest Toys R U store and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash
- General terms and conditions apply as per Toys R Us competition rules
LEGO VOUCHER PROMOTION
- When a customer spends more than R500 on any LEGO products, they will receive a voucher code via SMS for a R150 discount on their next purchase of LEGO. This will be done through wiGroup.
- The cashier will have to identify that the customers purchase adds up to more than R500 and then request the customer's cell number in order to proceed and issue the voucher.
- Validity of LEGO Campaign: 29 August – 15 September
- The voucher must be redeemed on or before 31 October 2018.
- The voucher will only be valid for LEGO purchases over R500 (five hundred rand).
- The maximum value of the voucher will only be R150 (one hundred and fifty rand) regardless of the amount of purchases over R500 (five hundred rand).
- If any of the LEGO purchases are returned, the respective voucher will be made invalid.
- If the purchase is returned after the voucher has been used, the R150.00 (one hundred and fifty rand) will be deducted off the refund.
- The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or a Toys R Us gift card and can only be used on LEGO products within the valid time period.
- The voucher cannot be used to discount the current purchase and will only be valid on a future purchase.
DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
Toys R Us make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Toys R Us or their agents/representatives or employees accept no liability, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the use of our website or the purchase of any of our products or services.
Our customers agree, to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of any act or omission on your part or that of any third party acting on your behalf in connection with your use of our website and/or your purchase of any products or services.
In the event that any clause contained in these Term/s is/are invalid or unenforceable, then such clause shall not affect the validity or enforceability insofar as the remaining clauses of these Terms are concerned.
Toys R Us shall not be regarded as having waived, or be precluded from exercising any right under these Terms by reason merely that we have provided any indulgence to our customers or we fail to exercise or delay exercising any right we may have, whether the same right or any other right.
Toys R Us reserves the right to alter or amend the terms and conditions without notice. Any abuse whatsoever of the website by any customer constitutes a criminal offence to which shall be dealt with the requisite authorities. Other limitations on the use of the website may be communicated from time to time. Browsing our website irrevocably signifies your agreement to the above Terms and Conditions.
If our customers have any questions regarding our website, the terms and conditions, products or services, please contact us on [email protected]